I know a lot of people are going to jump on my back for this one, but what the heck! There are plenty of moms out there who need to know that breastfeeding is not the only way to go and that you aren´t a bad mother for choosing (or being forced into) bottle feeding.
Before I begin, I should mention that I am breastfeeding Dante, but supplementing with a bottle since he is a little glutton. Dorian never breastfed, he was only bottle fed.
5 Reasons Bottle Feeding is Great
1. You know exactly how much your baby is drinking, you never have to guess.
2. Other people can do night feedings, letting you get a bit more sleep. This is SO nice when you have a baby who wakes every three hours to feed.
3. Formula is more filling than breastmilk, so your baby should be able to go longer between feedings.
4. You can eat and drink whatever you want. (I ate avocado twice while breastfeeding Dante and he got a very upset tummy and now I can´t eat my favorite, guacamole with tortillas!)
5. It is more socially acceptable, ie. you can bottle feed in public. I´m not saying breastfeeding in public is wrong, I do it myself. In fact, I am 100% against all these stupid rules that say a woman shouldn´t feed her baby naturally in public, but if you don´t want to stir up controversy, bottle feeding is more socially acceptable.
So, those are my top 5 reasons. Don´t let anyone make you feel guilty for not breastfeeding, whether it was your decision or someone else´s. Dorian is a great, intelligent and healthy little boy and he only ingested about 5 drops of breastmilk total, in his entire life!