Jessie just tagged me for this fun and extremely lengthy meme. But really, who doesn´t enjoy answering all these questions?
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? I don´t have a bathroom, but I use my Herbal Essences shampoo as soap. It just smells too darn good.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No, but I do have a cantelope.
3. What would you change about your living room? Um. I´d get a longer sofa.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? No dishwasher, but my pila is piled full of dirty dishes. I´ve been too sick and busy writing to get out there and scrub.
5. What is in your fridge? Not a lot, we´re going shopping today. Let´s see, 3 jocotes, a packet of hamburger meat, some very old cauliflower, apples, half a cantelope, a nearly empty trijumbo of Pepsi, tomatoes, onions and some parsley. Pretty healthy, huh? Except for the Pepsi.
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat, but I usually add a little white flour to make the bread fluffier.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A blender and a notepad.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? No bathroom, so no shower curtain.
9. How many plants are in your home? None. Unless you count the mold under the bedroom windowsill.
10. Is your bed made right now? Nope
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? I have to say Comet, having never heard of Soft Scrub.
12. Is your closet organized? Not really. We only have a little wardrobe and it´s too narrow to fit hangers. I try to organize, but Irving just tosses everything on the floor when he´s looking for something.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? I use my cell phone.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? Glass.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No, I only have water and Pepsi.
16. If you have garage, is it cluttered? No garage.
17. Curtains or blinds? Still working on that. We have two mismatched ones up in the bedroom, one bedroom window and all the ones in the main room are still bare.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two, they are both so flat that it is really rather pointless. Irving uses a giant stuffed seal. Dorian uses a giant stuffed dog. Pillows in Guatemala are HORRIBLE.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Yes. We have a nightlight in our room and Dorian has a lamp with 3 levels. Depending on the fear factor each night, he either has it on the lowest or second setting.
20. How often do you vacuum? No vacuum. We only have tile or concrete floors, so it´s sweeping and mopping here.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard.
22. What color is your toothbrush? Blue, I have two actually because one disappeared for a while. Both are blue. Irving insists that his are also blue, so we have to settle on him keeping his by the pila and mine is in the closet.
23. Do you have welcome mat on your front porch? no
4. What is in your oven right now? Nothing at the moment, but yesterday there was a yummy pumpkin coffee cake.
25. Is there anything under your bed? Is there anything under my bed? Why do you ask? There are LOTS of things under there. About 50 mismatched socks, a box full of stuff I don´t even remember, three market bags full of fabric scraps, quite a few shoes that are either broken or don´t fit anyone and I think there might be some oranges under there, too, from Dorian playing catch with them last week.
26. Chore you hate the most? Washing dishes. I would rather clean toilets than wash dishes.
27. What retro items are in your home? Nothing. We don´t have much except junk, really.
28. Do you have a separate room you use an an office? If you count a corner of my bedroom as a separate room, then yeah.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Two, both are on the wardrobe.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Yes, but don´t tell Irving or he´ll spend it on pizza.
31. What color are your walls? Bedroom: beige with a brown ripple on one wall, Boys´ Room: Blue, but it will soon be turned into a transportation room, with cars and planes and trains, Living room/Kitchen: Melon, it´s a dark yellow
32. What does your home smell like right now? I have no idea, I can´t smell right now.
33. Favorite candle scent? Rose or Vanilla
34. What kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? none. Pickles are expensive here and I don´t have the stuff to make my own.
35. Ever been on your roof? No, it´s only thin corrugated tin, so it wouldn´t be wise to go up there!
36. Do you own a stereo? Irving does. I rarely listen to music.
37. How many TVs do you have? One in the living room
38. How many phones? I have one cell, Irving has two or three. He´s a bit obsessed.
39. Do you have a housekeeper? I wish
40. What style do you decorate in? Mom with two small boys style. It´s basically anything that hides the dirt and isn´t smashable.
41. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Definitely solid. Which is apparently against the decorating code in Guatemala.
42. Is there a smoke detector in your home? No. Though it might be a bit tough for a cinderblock and tile house to burn down . . .
So I´m passing this on to the following three people, just copy and paste the questions and add your own answers.
Deb (yes, again! but you´re so good at this stuff. )