These months are simply flying by! Dominic is 11 months old today . . . one more month until he has a birthday and I’m still coming to grips with the fact that my baby isn’t a baby anymore.
At 11 months, Dominic is:
– Able to walk a few steps, but prefers to crawl.
– Climbing everything in sight. He put a spare crib railing against my bed the other day, climbed it like a ladder and grabbed my phone off my headboard shelf.
– Escaping every chance he gets. He loves to go outside and dig in the dirt or bang pieces of wood together.
– Examining food before eating it, instead of blindly shoving everything into his mouth. If you try to feed him something, he will pull back and look at it before he opens his mouth. The first signs of being picky, I guess.
– Getting a little bit of attitude. He will yell back at his brothers and even me.
– Responding to countdowns. If I tell him no, he’ll keep his hand where it is, but if I start to count, “ONE! TWO!” He will jerk his hand away and go find something else to do.
– Trying to get places before we do. If he sees the door open and knows we’re going to close it, he will scurry over to try and get out first.
– Obeying simple commands like “Bring it here.” “Give it to me.” and “Go get your book.” He will also shut the door if you ask him to . . . most of the time.
– Pulling plugs out of fans. He is very offended by the existence of fans in our house, maybe because I turn one on when he goes to sleep and he figures they shouldn’t be on any other time. He will rush into the room if he hears one running and find a way to turn it off, either with the switch or pulling the plug.
“Read it!” “Book.”
“Where’s da baby?” (for playing peekaboo) “I see you!”
“Venite.” (come in Spanish)
“Mevin.” (Melvin) “Ana” (Zanelle)