I did a lot of sewing before Christmas. I already showed you the hat that I made for one of my nieces (I made a second for the other baby niece). Here is an action shot of one of the hats:
The other huge project that I took on was this:
I made one for each of the boys, using fleece found in the market. It’s thinner than the fleece I’m used to, but it worked for these cute jackets.
The pattern I used was this one. I made the 116 cm version for the older boys, but lengthened Dorian’s by about 2 inches. Dominic’s jacket is the 104 cm version. I cut out the monsters and appliqued them to the backs of the jackets before sewing the garments. It was a bit difficult, particularly with the spines on Dominic’s.
Here’s a closer look at the designs.
While the jackets were a lot of work (the actual jacket was really quick to whip up, it was the applique that took so long), I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. And the boys love them, which is the whole point!